The Orange Lion self catering apartment – although integrated within the set up of Knysna Country House – has a separate entrance and is therefore ideal for longer stays. The cottage has a separate bedroom with double bed and built-in cupboards, a spacious lounge, a fully equipped kitchen including full-size fridge/freezer and washing machine and an en-suite bathroom with shower only. The lounge has an additional two day beds which can be made up as single beds for friends or family to share. Situated on the ground floor, the cottage has a private outside seating area with braai (BBQ) facilities and is close to the swimming pool.
Should you not want to be in the kitchen all day, we offer braai facilities incl. salads, breads and sauces for groups of 4 or more guests. Just bring own meat or fish and experience those warm summer evenings from the comfort of your own apartment.
Alternatively we offer pre-cooked ready-made meals which can be pre-ordered. Choose from our select menu upon arrival, put them in the microwave and voilà, dinner is served!
The Orange Lion’s amenities and services include:
- Double bed in separate bedroom
- Two day beds which can be made up a singles in lounge / living area
- Linen and bath towels
- Kitchen towels
- Full-size refrigerator
- Electric stove
- Electric coffee maker, kettle and toaster
- Complimentary coffee / tea / sugar / rusks upon arrival
- Cutlery / crockery / glassware for 4 people
- Guest amenities
- Secure off-street parking
- TV with full DSTV (satellite tv)
- CD player / radio
- Wireless internet connection
- Serviced twice a week
- laundry service;
- golf bookings (special rates at several courses including Simola, Pezula and Oubaai);
- additional cleaning service;
- braai facilities or ready-made meals and
- pre-arrival shopping service (by prior arrangement).
Children are most welcome, keeping in mind that our pool is not fenced and children therefore have to be under adult supervision at all times.